P.O. Box 7737
Chicago, IL 60680-7737
Mobile Commerce and Personalization Promotion July 1 - August 31, 2012
March 19, 2012 - August 31, 2012
Web Site: https://ribbs.usps.gov/index.cfm?page=mobilebarcod
Building upon last summers mobile barcode promotionsd success, we are offering it again from July 1, 2012, through August 31, 2012. In our final rule Federal Register posted today on Postal Explorer, we describe the conditions for eligibility for the promotion and the revised mailing standards to implement it.
Here is information to help you take advantage of this revised special offering:
· Qualifying mailings are Presorted and automation mailings of First-Class Mail cards, letters, and flats and Standard Mail (including Nonprofit Standard Mail) letters and flats with a mobile barcode inside or on the mailpiece.
· The mobile barcode must lead the recipient of the mailpiece either to a webpage that allows the recipient to purchase a product or service on a mobile device, or to a personalized URL, which leads to a web page that is unique to an individual recipient.
· Qualifying mailings may receive an upfront price reduction of 2 percent of the eligible postage.
· Participation requires electronic documentation.
· Commingled, combined and co-mail mailings are allowed, but a separate postage statement is required for pieces with mobile barcodes.
Using mobile barcodes is a great way to integrate direct mail with mobile technology. Get more information, including updated FAQs, on the RIBBS website or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .